Eighty81 private workspace provides growing creative companies with their own private secure space within the overall creative and supportive work environment of Eighty81.
Private workspace residents have their own private space to grow their business, but can access on site events and use shared communal facilities to meet other like minded creatives, share ideas, experiences, learn and collaborate with other creatives. Our private workspace is furnished and fully serviced with flexible leases. Our prices include rent, rates, utilities, broadband and use of communal and meeting space, making renting an office simple and affordable
- Having a private secure space within an overall creative and supportive work environment
- Use of shared communal space gives the opportunity for meeting new people, like minded creatives, collaborating and learning
- Free use of onsite conference room and equipment for meeting with clients
- Sharing facilities makes it more affordable
- Flexible leases take the risk out of renting property
- Fully serviced space takes the hassle out of renting property
- Onsite regular business development and networking events
- 24 hour access
- Free on-site parking ( there will be one space allocated per two employees) and unlimited parking for guests and clients
- Furniture – fully furnished office, with desks and storage
- Residents lounge – communal space for Eighty81 residents for casual and informal meetings, a space to work away from the desk, for chatting, having coffee and lunch
- Residents kitchen - small shared kitchen area for Eighty81 residents with kettle and microwave for making coffee and preparing snacks and lunch
- Conference room – free on site conference room with conference and presentation facilities for shared use by 80/81 residents subject to availability
- Parking – free on-site parking for Eighty81 residents (there will be one space allocated per two employees) and unlimited parking for guests and clients
- Connectivity - BTnet 100MB Access
- Access – 24 hour key fob access
Our private workspaces are £16 per sqft per annum. This cost includes rates, utilities, broadband, car parking and use of meeting rooms and communal facilities. The only extra cost is for a phone line for anyone that wants one. The cost of this is £15 per month plus the cost of calls.
To be eligible for private workspace at Eighty81 you must have a creative industry business that you want to grow and develop. Creative businesses will be classified as eligible for Eighty81 workspace according to the UK’s definition of the creative industries - ‘those industries that are based on individual creativity, skill and talent with the potential to create wealth and jobs through developing intellectual property- includes thirteen sectors: advertising, architecture, the art and antiques market, crafts, design, designer fashion, film, interactive leisure software (ie. video games), music, the performing arts, publishing, software, and television and radio.
If you are interested in taking on one of our private workspaces you can contact us for more information or to arrange a viewing. Then if you decide to go ahead there is a simple application form to fill in. Phase 1 final submission date for applications for Eighty81 private workspace is now closed. Based on the applications Eighty81 private workspace residents will be selected by Blick Studios and an external advisory panel. Following Phase 1 provided Eighty81 entry criteria is met private workspace residents will be selected on a first come first served basis.
Once you agree to taking space, you'll pay a deposit that's equivalent to one month's rent and be asked to commit to a minimum of 3 months. There will be no additional fees or charges during your residency as broadband, utilities like heating and electric, and even use of our meeting room and equipment are included in your rent. After your minimum term of three months you may remain on a month-to-month basis, simply giving 30 days notice if you would like move on. That's it!