NEST is a 9 month incubation programme for 6 start up creative businesses with innovative business ideas.
What is it?
NEST is a 9 month incubation programme, with the possibility of an extension, for 6 start up creative businesses with innovative business ideas. Participating creative start ups will get affordable workspace on a tiered payment system within Eighty81’s shared creative workspace. They will also receive ongoing business support to help their businesses grow and develop throughout the 9 month programme.
Bespoke business support will include:
- Monthly one on one business planning and development sessions
- Ongoing mentoring support with creative industry professionals
- Quarterly business growth workshops
Workspace will include one desk space per business, utilities, rates, and internet access within Eighty81’s shared creative workspace.
How do I apply?
Participation in the NEST Programme is by application only, if you would like to apply please complete this application form
Please note deadline for all completed applications is Wednesday 14th September 2016.
- NEST features a tiered payment schedule which means that when you are starting out and not generating revenue you pay less and as your business grows, costs increase gradually, so at the end of the incubation period your business will be ready and able to pay the normal desk space rates in the creative hub or fuction outside Eighty81 Creative Workspace
- Participation in the NEST Programme provides you with unique and bespoke specialist creative industries business support which includes quarterly business growth workshops, ongoing mentoring support with creative industry professionals and monthly one on one business planning and development sessions
- Working in a creative and supportive environment
- Working alongside like minded creatives
- Opportunities to collaborate and learn
- Sharing facilities makes it more affordable
- Flexible leases take the risk out of renting property
- Fully serviced space takes the hassle out of renting property
- Onsite regular business development and networking events
- Free use of onsite conference room and equipment for meeting with clients
- Free use of onsite communal spaces for meeting new people
- 24 hour access
- Onsite parking
- Furniture – 1 desk, drawers and set of shelves per person
- Residents lounge – communal space for Eighty81 residents for casual and informal meetings, a space to work away from the desk, for chatting, having coffee and lunch
- Residents kitchen - small shared kitchen area for Eighty81 residents with kettle and microwave for making coffee and preparing snacks and lunch
- Conference room – free on site conference room with conference and presentation facilities for shared use by 80/81 residents subject to availability
- Parking – free on-site parking for Eighty81 residents (one space will be allocated per two employees) and there will be unlimited spaces for guests and clients
- Access - 24 hour key fob access
To be eligible for the NEST business incubation programme you must have a business idea for a creative industry start up or a new/small creative industry business that has been trading for 30 months or less with the potential to grow into a sustainable company and function outside Eighty81 Creative Workspace. Creative businesses will be classified as eligible for the NEST programme according to the UK’s definition of the creative industries - ‘those industries that are based on individual creativity, skill and talent with the potential to create wealth and jobs through developing intellectual property’ - includes thirteen sectors: advertising, architecture, the art and antiques market, crafts, design, designer fashion, film, interactive leisure software (ie. video games), music, the performing arts, publishing, software, and television and radio. Please note a maximum of one deskspaces will be available per participating business.
Nest payment system:
Quarter 1: £50 per month
Quarter 2: £75 per month
Quarter 3: £100 per month